The main reasons for the appearance of fistula are usually attributed:
- running caries. He often provokes a disease such as pulpitis. And pulpitis often develops into periodontitis. The nerve of the tooth itself dies, but an infection occurs in the area of the inflamed site. Thus appears the fistula is a natural outlet for the pus which has accumulated inside;
- inflammation of the cyst. It is insidious in that it reminds itself from time to time or very rarely. It may not imply any strong pain or obvious discomfort. But if the cyst is not treated, an inflammatory process can begin, which can provoke the formation of pus;
- unnatural eruption of wisdom tooth or milk tooth (in children). Yes, sometimes teeth are cut very painfully, which often leads to inflammation of the gums. When the gum is inflamed, it also increases in size. A strongly enlarged gums begins to “press” on the teeth and injure them, which can lead to the accumulation of pus inside;
- poor-quality sealing is another common cause of fistula. If the tooth is poorly sealed, it provides absolutely all the conditions for the beginning of the inflammatory process. The infection, which appeared in the place of filling, gradually begins to spread further, reaching the top of the tooth.
But there are more General, abstract reasons, which sometimes can also provoke the formation of fistula. These include:
- reduced immunity;
- severe overheating or hypothermia of the whole body;
- frequent fatigue or stress.
But, be that as it may, to avoid serious problems in the future, fistulas need to be eliminated, and as soon as possible.
Treatment of fistula on the gums is, first of all, to eliminate the infectious focus.
First, the patient needs to go to the dentist and undergo a comprehensive examination. If the doctor finds a fistula, the specialist should open the inflamed canal. In addition, you need to take an x-ray to determine the presence or absence of a cyst. If the cyst is present, the doctor eliminates the cyst and then securely seals the affected tooth.
Another important caveat – if the inflammation has gone too far and the tooth can not be treated, it is immediately removed.
But that’s not all. To prevent the formation of fistula in the future, the patient should undergo a special therapy, which consists primarily in rinsing the oral cavity with special therapeutic solutions and using a professional toothpaste and/or gel, which have antibacterial properties.
Sometimes the doctor prescribes antibiotics.
If you or your friends are faced with this problem, we invite you to an appointment or preliminary consultation in a private professional dentistry b’uteeth, located in Odessa. The clinic has a very good reputation both among native inhabitants of Odessa, and among visitors who decided to stay a little in this solar resort city.
You can sign up for an examination online right now. And if you have any additional questions – call + 38 0482 359-360: our representative will contact you and give you a competent answer to all your questions.